Trick: You don't have to bake the base before. Place the cake in the lower third of the oven (as close as possible to the heat source) and make sure it will cook evenly.
- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry (defrosted)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 lemon
- 4 scallions, 2 chopped into small squares and 2 thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh sliced tarragon leaves
- 350 gr. of asparagus
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 4 cup mixed vegetables
Weather: 30 minutes (From oven: 10 min.) Difficulty: Easy Rations: for 4 people
1. Heat the oven to 220º and place the oven grill in the lower third of the oven. Unfold the dough on a piece of paper a couple of centimeters larger on all sides than the dough and place it on a baking sheet.
2. Beat the egg in a bowl. Brush a 1.5 cm edge of the dough with the egg. Add the cheese to the egg and salt and pepper. Grate the lemon peel in the bowl, and mix well. Add the chopped scallion and herbs, then spread the mixture over the dough, leaving the 1.5 cm edge with egg uncovered.
3. Cover with asparagus and sprinkle with 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil. Bake until the dough is golden brown, about 18 to 20 minutes.
4. In a bowl, mix lemon juice, honey, 1 tablespoon of oil, and 1/4 teaspoon of each salt and pepper. Mix with the scallion and the remaining herbs. Serve with the cake.
Via: Woman's Day US